Saturday, November 1, 2008

TAGGED!!

I've been tagged!! I am supposed to tell 6 quirky things about me. My family would tell you that it would be hard to keep it down to just 6, but I say I am pretty normal and they are strange!! OK here goes:

1. I cry at the drop of a hat!! I mean really, you drop your hat and I would probably get teary. I hate it but if anything even remotely touches me emotionally, I tear up. Hallmark commercials get to me every time. My grandchildren can get me going pretty easy and chick flicks are always a tissue fest for me.

2. I hate to be late or get lost. I do believe these come from my Mother, she has a really hard time being on time. The Sunday they put my Dad in as Bishop, we all trooped in about 10 minutes late to Sacrament Meeting. ( I was a teenager and wasn't happy about this event to begin with and to come in late and have everyone stare at us ugh!!) My children all understand that getting lost is just sightseeing, my Mom has convinced them it is a good thing. But I can remember driving for long periods of time and not ever getting to where we were supposed to go because we were lost. So I have this thing about knowing were I am going, and getting there on time.

3. I wash my hands ALOT. I don't have Annaleesa's germ thingy, but sometimes if I am just walking past a sink I will wash my hands. If I am having a bad time or something is wrong, I will wash my hands. When Jeff was in the hospital, I would go to the sink in his room and wash my hands!! I just makes me feel better, oh and I have to tap my hands twice on the sink to shake off the water before I reach for the towel to dry my hands. If you watch my sisters they all do it also. LOL

4. I am not a hugger, yes, I am a Mother of 6 children and 4 grandchildren and I am not a hugger. (unless I get to chase Annaleesa all over the yard for a hug hehehe) Go figure. I, of course, hug my grandchildren and have hugged my children, but as they come and go from the house their Father always stands at the door and hugs everyone and I am there but not usually hugging too much. The most weird thing about this is my Mother is the biggest best hugger of all time. Who knows where I came from ???? ( mom would say from my Father who was not a hugger) I can remember clearly the last hug I gave my Dad. It was a couple of weeks before he died and as I was leaving my Mom said, "go back in there and hug your Dad!!" Jeff, of course was in there hugging Dad goodbye, I went back and and hugged him and he pulled me close and said " hmmm you always smell so good" I was glad I did it, as he took a turn for the worse and died soon after. Oh, and refer to #1, I am all teary from typing about my Dad.

5. I love Blogs, I will read Blogs of people I have never met and probably never meet. It fascinates me! I am not sure if that is quirky or just strange!!

6. I love early morning, I get up on most days before 6:00 am, sometimes on weekends I get up and go back to bed after being up for a few hours. There is something wonderful about getting up early and in the quiet of the morning getting things done. At Christmas time this is my wrapping presents and baking time. My kids, when they were little would get up and come peek at me and run back to bed because I am full of energy when I get up early and will put them to work if I see them.

OK, I tag Rachel and Sara!!

3 comments:

susette said...

Yay! Thanks for playing Carolyn. I am totally with you on #1. Annaleesa even makes fun of me when I tear up. I do it all the time just watching biggest loser and she thinks I'm the biggest cry baby. Maybe there should be a show called "The Biggest Crybaby" I could be on that :) I love Hallmark commercials. They're the best. #5 would be called blogstalking and I do it all the time!! I don't think it's weird at all. Hey, if you are going to be open to the public then I figure they don't care right? I have made two new friends through blogs. I actually think it's pretty darn cool. #6 I love early mornings too, but mine are usually 1:00, 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. when I can't discipline myself to go to bed. Sheesh I'm a dingbat sometimes.

Roskelley Ramblings said...

Yes, that about sums you up. You have given away some of my what are these called - weirdisms? But being the oldest sister I guess you probably got some of them from me.

carolyn said...

Oh yes its true that my mom crys at EVERYTHING!! we watch a cute movie i look over at her and theres tears. it takes alot for me to cry so she gets called a crybaby alot from me. she knows it though so its ok lol