Friday, January 30, 2009

THE LAST SENIOR

We have early morning Seminary here in CA. So all of our kids had to get up and be over at the church at 6:30 am. If they were in the band or choir they had to go to early, early morning Seminary, and yes that is what they call it. It starts at 5:30 am. I got up and took the first 5 kids to Seminary. So when Allison came along I told Jeff it is his turn!!! He wasn't happy but for the last 3 1/2 years he has been doing it. We always find someone to car pool with but he has to do at least part of it.
I have enjoyed listening to him deal with this last child, remember this is his baby and he usually is pretty kind to her but after almost 4 years he is getting over it. It starts the same way every morning, "Allie are you up??" "Yes, DAD!!" she is very good about getting up to her alarm. Next, "Allie, did you eat??" and in previous years he added "Allie did you take your pills??" She had pills for her headaches she had to take every morning. Then there is a bit of a pause, you can hear her getting ready. Then it starts again "Allie, time to go!" about 1 minute goes by, (I have timed him!!) "Allie, time to go" then after 2 minutes and I do mean 2 minutes he walks down the hall "Allie, I will be in the car!!" and he leaves. This morning I was just cracking up. Allie came to see what was going on, I just laughed, "your Dad says the exact same thing EVERY morning". She says "yeah???" well you would think he would know you always make it to the car late and you always have to carry half your clothes to get ready in the car!! AHHHH the joys of the last child. We laughed and then heard the horn honk out front and she grabbed her stuff and ran for it. OK, here is the secret, when the car pool picks her up (at the same time Jeff takes her) she is totally ready to go. hmmmm I think she has trained her Dad????

3 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Allie is one smart gal! What will you do with no one in seminary?

carolyn said...

Judy, the first thought that came to my mind!! SLEEP!

alliekat said...

he loves it!!! the thing is he makes me leave earlier than when the stewarts get there. and its not like he can leave without me we are always early to seminary so i just try to make it so i dont have to sit there forever before it starts.
<3allie