Saturday, February 11, 2012

NEW YEAR, NEW RESOLUTIONS

I have walked with Judy for the last 20 or so years, if I want to remember something big, in detail, that happened in my life, I have Judy check her journal. It is so embarrassing that I don't keep my own journal and have to ask Judy to remember something in MY life. So since the beginning of the year I have been vowing to start blogging and using it as my journal. I see Maureen's blog and realize she can look back and see what is happening in her life by going thru her blog. So we will see how long I can keep this up.
Today we went to not only Violet's first birthday but Jenni Marie's 9th birthday party. It seems just like yesterday we were in the delivery room watching Jenni be born. She was so cute with all her hair, and now she is a beautiful young lady.

We went to Leatherby's for ice cream to celebrate Jenni's birthday, they asked her to stand on her chair so we could sing to her. Not our Jenni!! they finally settled for her standing next to her chair, which she did, but not very willingly. She is shy like her Mom was but is much better at talking to people she doesn't know than her Mom.
She had Ella Richardson and her cousin Eden with her for her party. Every year Randi says "no more parties" but then can't stand it and does one anyway.



Violet is growing so big, she is the big "1" now and getting cuter everyday.

Her party was in the middle of her nap time so she was a little tired but so fun to watch opening presents. She and her Dad would open a present, she would look at it and want to play with it and he took it away to open another present! She had so many people at her party, they booked the multipurpose room at the church. It was fun with all her cousins there running around with balloons and fruit and veggie trays. I wish I took a picture of the cupcakes, Liz made them look like flowers!
After all the fun parties, Katie and I snuck off to the movies, we saw Big Miracle. It was a really good movie about saving a family of whales. Well tomorrow is coming soon, I have Young Women meetings so I must close, but my vow continues!

No comments: